Top Tips to Help You Raise More
STEP ONE: Create Your Online Fundraising Page [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_text_separator title=”Fundraising Tips for Individuals” title_align=”separator_align_center”][vc_column_text]
- Be the first! By donating to your own supporter page you are showing your commitment to your fundraising and setting the benchmark for other donations.
- Remember to include a recognisable profile picture of yourself – people want to see who they are donating to.
- Update your supporter page! Keep your donors and potential donors updated with your progress. How is the fundraising going? What obstacles have you come across? What are you really enjoying etc. Fundraisers who post updates to their supporter pages raise 121% more than those who don’t.
- Post photos/videos of your fundraising efforts to your supporter page. Fundraisers who upload photos raise 121% more than those who don’t.
- Tell your story! Let supporters know WHY you are doing what you are doing. They want to know – share your passion.
- If you hit your target, or you are less than $100 away from reaching it – increase it! If people think you are close to meeting your target they may not donate the $200 they were going to if you are only $75 off your goal.
- Thank your donors! Let them know their donation has been noticed and appreciated. Fundraisers who thank every donor raise 147% more than those who don’t.
- Fundraisers who post photos/videos and updates as well as thank each donor raise 350% more than those who don’t.
- Contact us. We would love to hear from you, let us know what you are doing for us, we may be able to give you some recommendations, based on our experience, or materials to help you raise as much money for us as possible!
- Share your fundraising page on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms – spread the word!
- If your fundraising efforts involve any physical training then connect your preferred MapMyFitness app with your supporter page. Let people know how you are tracking.
- Finally – ask again! People often need reminding, if you asked them once and they haven’t donated – ask again, they may have just forgotten and wont begrudge a friendly reminder.
- Make some fun team t shirts! (Don’t forget to include your Team Page link). You can sell them to your friends and family for them to show their support with all money raised going to your Supporter Pages! (and even better, when they wear them they are also promoting your link to anyone who see’s them!)
- Put up posters around your local area that display your Team Page link.
- Email the local press promoting your Team Page along with a photo of you guys having fun!
- Get together as a team and hold a trivia evening or a bbq etc – invite your friends and family, show all of them your passion for your charity and the effort you are willing to put in to reach your team goal.
- Set weekly or monthly goals for each member to spread your money raising message further and to keep the momentum going!
- Make a donation to your own Supporter Page, this not only shows your commitment to the cause but also moves you off the zero balance!
- Email your Team Page link at least 30 of your friends – really use all of your networks!
- Share your Team Page link on your Facebook wall
- Tweet your Team Page link
- Ask your employer to sponsor you, or see if there is a matched giving scheme which a lot of businesses will have set up.
Don’t forget to have fun! The reason you are raising money is for a great cause, the reason you are doing it with your friends is because you all share the same passion!